15 Halloween Date Ideas
Make a Halloween themed date night happen this October with one of these creepy Halloween date night ideas
What to Do On Halloween
I’ve heard many people ask for ideas of what to do on Halloween if you’re not invited to a party.
Our first year as an official couple we were recently engaged and found ourselves in this conundrum. It seems to be a holiday that is really fun when you’re single hitting up parties. It also seems amazing when you’re married with kids who melt your heart in their costumes.
What about those who are dating, engaged, or married and childless? It can be very anti-climatic to realize things aren’t planned out and you need to drum up something to do on All Hallow’s Eve. I have to admit we hosted a party last year just to avoid this problem, and we’re feeling lucky for our invite to one this year! However, it’s not something you can bank on, and I know we’ll have this problem again!
If you’re just looking for a Halloween-themed date nights for this weekend before you have the actual day, or you are looking to make plans for Wednesday, here are 15 Halloween date night ideas to celebrate this holiday.
15 Halloween Date Night Ideas
1. Carve Pumpkins (even if you already have, make them creepier this time)
2. Make caramel apples, they take time, and you can add a lot of cool toppings to make them pretty darn amazing!
3. Go to a corn maze, bonus if it’s haunted!
4. Visit a haunted house
5. Attend a local farm’s celebration, you can almost always count on good chili!
6. Go see a movie. There are a lot of horror movies out, and if that isn’t your thing, you can go see the over-jumpy-and-scared person’s version of a Halloween movie that’s out this year, we did!
7. Rent a movie at home. I hate these horror flicks, but hello cuddle time! I can usually make the spouse happy once a year and focus on the ideal cuddle situation over the fact that I won’t sleep well or have the courage to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night for a few weeks.
8. Make costumes. Even if you have nowhere to go, you can get creative and take some pictures. It’s a fun memory! Trust us, we did it our first year and had a great time with our pictures, even though we ended up missing our planned Halloween activities.
9. Invite friends over. You may as well make dinner together and enjoy trick-or-treaters in the company of friends. You can also tell the story of all your childhood costumes. Trust me, it’s a funny and long conversation to have with friends!
10. Make cookies and decorate with Halloween themes (my favorite is HERE)
11. Take a laptop to a creepy location and watch a scary movie (think woods, abandoned warehouse, your unfinished basement, a cemetery).
12. Listen to a creepy story podcast, once again, think of a cool location to visit. (Find some HERE)
13. Build a bonfire and tell ghost stories.
14. Make a Halloween-themed meal together- like dinner in a pumpkin, creepy looking food, pumpkin chili, pumpkin cookies…did I mention anything pumpkin? I have an obsession, and if you need inspiration feel free to check out my Pumpkin Obsession Pinterest board.
15. Most local theaters do a Halloween/horror play, look into tickets!
Good luck! May you all have a safe, fun Halloween with great plans!
WANT MORE? Check out our 20 HALLOWEEN DATE IDEAS update HERE
You May Also Enjoy These Posts Too:
Halloween Activities for Kids + Families: 14 Halloween Traditions
Why I Love Halloween and Have a Halloween Obsession
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!
These are some great suggestions for fun, Halloween-themed dates. I really like idea number four. Visiting a haunted house is perfect for a date because you get an excuse to hold hands the whole time. It’s been a long time since my husband and I did something fun for Halloween. Maybe we can give one of these ideas a try this year.