Thank you to the Chinet® brand for sponsoring this post.
There’s nothing like that first warm spring week when the blossoms start to come on the trees, and it feels comfortable to be outside in the evenings without a heat lamp! We love basking in spring before it gets too hot in Arizona, but I think this applies anywhere you live. One of the easiest ways to do this is to host a group date potluck party outdoors. It’s easy to pull together, it’s inexpensive, it’s romantic, and it really makes a spring/summer group date feel special.
If you haven’t done a potluck party before, they are very easy! The concept is each person brings one item and you pull them together for a meal enjoyed together. It allows everyone to bring their best, and it takes a lot of stress off the hostess!
What you need to pull together a potluck party group date.
- Start with picnic tables or folding tables and chairs
- Come up with a loosely structured menu. Have someone provide the main dish, assign sides dishes, desserts, drinks, and anything else you’d like on the menu. We’ve found letting your friends have a little freedom to make their signature dishes goes a long way! For example, if you let them know you’ll be providing enchiladas, letting them choose their favorite south-of-the-border sides goes a long way in with their creativity while still making dinner easy and pulled together.
- Grab tablecloths, placemats, and napkins for the linens. You should be set with just those and still be able to pull off an easy tablescape.
- Get convenient, stylish disposable set of dishes like the Chinet® Cut Crystal® collection. Chinet Cut Crystal cutlery comes in a “host-ready” container perfect for easy serving and storage. The elegant design matches any theme or decor, and they compliment any tablescape you’re planning! Plus Chinet Cut Crystal makes cleanup easy—just throw away when done! Serving and cleanup are easy, so you can spend more time with friends, family, and guests
Click the image above to shop!
- Friends, family, or guests that you want to spend some quality time with!
- An easy and simple centerpiece like some flowers in mason jars
Easy Group Date Picnic Hacks
We love that Chinet Cut Crystal has several glass sizes for beverages, but they are sturdy and perfect for vegetable cups that make great place settings and an easy appetizer while guests arrive.
The good news is, this tablescape is so pretty and so easy to pull together, you can easily use it for a potluck party, a group date picnic, or even just a romantic dinner for two! I know we certainly will using this easy hosting hack for our next party, whether it’s for a crowd or just a party of two!
We love providing an easy way to connect with friends and family with really low stress. We really love making it simple for others to attend, and cleanup for us simple to do so we stay motivated and excited to host these group dates more often!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Chinet® and Cut Crystal® are registered trademarks of Huhtamaki, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Beyond Dinner and a Movie
Grab Our 5 Ways to Keep Your Love Alive and Make Date Night Fun. The BEST date ideas in your inbox weekly.