This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Radio Flyer. The opinions and text are all mine.
When Jacob and I were dating, we started a tradition we still love. After a big meal we would go for a long walk. We loved it so much, Jacob even proposed on one of our long walks! Family walks became something we’ve loved even more as we’ve had kids.
7 Reasons Why We’re Obsessed with Family Walks
- It gives us time to talk. I love that we slow down and just spend time together. It’s the perfect time to talk to each other and to our kids.
- It’s free! We love that it’s a family activity we know we’ll all enjoy that won’t cost a thing.
- Fitness benefits! It’s a pretty amazing thing to spend quality time together and burn calories too! We love that easy way to get a little more fitness in.
Our Favorite Family Walks Wagon
- Our boys love wagon rides! We’re huge fans of Radio Flyer wagons, we’ve owned and loved their products for years! Whether it’s our son’s Radio Flyer tricycle or our little red wagon, it’s always something enjoyed! They make pre-school scooters and other ride ons too. The Chicago-based company has more than 100 award-winning products available in 25 countries. Since 1917, the family-owned company has created icons of childhood, building a legacy of high quality, timeless and innovative toys that spark imagination and inspire outdoor, active play.
For anyone looking to add a wagon to their walks, today is such a great day to make it happen! Radio Flyer is celebrating its fourth annual National Little Red Wagon Day on Wednesday, March 27. It’s a holiday all about making memories and celebrating the time families can enjoy time together with their little red wagon.
In honor of National Little Red Wagon Day, they are offering up a sweet deal of 30 to 50 percent off your favorite wagons on RadioFlyer.com. Including Town & Country, All Terrain, Folding and Build-A-Wagons – all ranging from 30 to 50 percent off. It’s a great way to get kids outside, and get active together as a family!
- I see the world through my children’s eyes. It never ceases to amaze me how much I miss when I’m out with my children. Every dog, every butterfly, every smiling face is something my son points out in amazement. I love that the little things are so magic and I get to see it through a child’s eyes.
- We get to know our neighbors. When the weather is perfect, everyone is out. It’s amazing how we get to know those who live in our neighborhood and have social time together.
- Our children bond together. I love looking down at those faces smiling at each other. They laugh, they joke, they hold hands. It’s about the sweetest thing to see them enjoying an experience together and bonding.
We love our family walks, and love all the benefits! Also, I also have to add we love that our Radio Flyer wagon makes a great vehicle for attending many family dates, the EZ Fold works great at the airport, and it helps haul picnic items perfectly!
It’s amazing how our simplest family tradition is one of our favorites too!
Beyond Dinner and a Movie
Grab Our 5 Ways to Keep Your Love Alive and Make Date Night Fun. The BEST date ideas in your inbox weekly.