Preparing for New Baby’s Visitors
This post has been sponsored by Albertsons. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
One of the most beautiful things about welcoming a new baby to the world is the love and support you receive. I love that strangers congratulate me and wish me well in the last few weeks of pregnancy. They also seem to open doors and congratulate you whenever you venture out in public after the baby comes. But even more than those nice well-wishers is the love and support of friends and family. I’m always amazed at how much those close to you want to support and help in any way possible when the baby arrives.
We’re so lucky to have two supportive sets of grandparents in our lives! Even though I consider us pretty self-sufficient and organized, we never turn down the offer to have help. If they want to hold the baby for an hour so I can rest and heal, fantastic! If they want to just swing by to drop off a meal, that’s great too. And most of all, this time around, we’ll be taking all the help we can get with our toddler while we’re having the baby and figuring life out the first week or two after.
It dawned on me that there’s a good chance grandma will spend a night in the guest room while we’re in the hospital. There’s also a good chance she and grandpa will show up early in the morning to help. I like to make sure we’re ready and prepped to easily feed them, too, while they do so much to help us!
Preparing for New Baby’s Visitors
Getting ready for new baby visitors and helpers is something I added to our to-do list this year. Having some simple snacks around can make a huge difference during the social calls people may be making. Plus, having food I know they can easily find and access to feed themselves and little man if we’re out or they are staying over has been such a great thing to plan and prepare for!
Here are some of our favorite snacks and items to have on hand that we’ll be snagging during the Albertsons Anniversary Sale:
Best Items to Have on Hand for New Baby’s Visitors
- Cereal. It’s just hard to go wrong with easy cereal that everyone likes! We like to have Quaker Life breakfast cereal, it’s just a favorite both adults and kids alike love! Plus it’s part of the Albertsons Anniversary sale, so it’s a great time to grab a few boxes for visitors.
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Maple & Brown Sugar packs. We’ve found this to be one of the best things to keep around for a quick breakfast that everyone loves! It’s easy to make, and the classic Quaker Instant Oatmeal packs in Maple & Brown Sugar are a flavor everyone seems to love!
- Tropicana 100% Pure Orange Juice. We love the classic juice without pulp because it seems to be most people’s favorite! Even those who eat breakfast at home but come over in the morning hours seem thrilled to be offered a glass of Tropicana Orange Juice! It’s great for new moms to stay hydrated, too!
- Chips and Snacks. Items people can easily grab as a snack are so easy to have on hand and go a long way! Plus they work at any time of day.
- Drinks. Make sure there’s water that is easy for guests to find. Individual bottles of Gatorade G Series are a big hit too! Have some ready and make them easy to find so you don’t have to worry about guests feeling welcome to some drinks.
Easy Food Items to Welcome New Baby’s Visitors
I’ve found having easy breakfast items ready and snacks and drinks on hand is truly the key! They usually won’t burden you with lunch and dinner meals, but having items they can feel great about eating at breakfast and snack time makes a huge difference! I feel like a great host, even when I can’t do much to cook or be a traditional host! Grabbing items at great prices during the Albertsons Anniversary Sale is a great way to prepare for new baby’s visitors! Be sure to mark your calendars. The sale runs from August 1st to August 14th.
I purchased these products and more at my local Albertsons but you can also stock up and save at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel- Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. Visit Albertsons.com to find a store near you and discover some fun meal-prep tips
and recipe ideas!
Just remember you can be an excellent host when welcoming new baby’s visitors, and you can do it easily without too much stress or worry while you focus on recovery and adjustment time. I’m grateful that convenient shopping at Albertsons makes this one of the easiest baby-prep items to check off the nesting list! Be sure to check out the Albertsons Anniversary Sale to make this even easier and find other great deals!
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!