Create a stack of rainbow pancakes the easy way with this easy and delicious pancake recipe and colored pancake tips!
Rainbow Pancakes: How to make colorful pancakes and create a stack of rainbow pancakes.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 c milk
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Add eggs, milk, and oil. Mix until incorporated.
- Divide batter into six (6) separate bowls.
- Mix 2-3 drops of desired food color in each bowl. For rainbow pancakes, we recommend the following colors: purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red (or pink). Mix well.
- Cook on a griddle or lightly oiled skillet on medium heat until bubbles start to form in the pancakes. Cook until slightly brown on each side.
- Serve one of each colored pancake in a stack to reveal a rainbow pancake stack. Top with whipped cream or serve with syrup.
You can get 5 large pancakes out of each color or 6 medium-sized pancakes. A serving is 6 medium pancakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1745mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 14g
How do I create colored pancakes?
Coloring pancakes is very easy! A simple drop or two of gel food coloring easily creates colored pancakes. Drop it in the middle and stir until fully incorporated.
Tips for coloring pancakes
A lot of complex recipes will encourage making several batches of batter to create rainbow pancakes. But I’d recommend making one large batch first and then dividing it. A simple drop of food coloring in each divided bowl makes creating colored pancakes much easier and less time-consuming!
St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast
Rainbow pancakes are fun all year long, but they’re extra fun for a St. Patrick’s Day breakfast! I like to make the pancake batter in advance and cook fresh rainbow pancakes for St. Patty’s day morning. Add some whipped cream and golden sprinkles and you’ll wow your kids with this fun breakfast!
Like this rainbow pancake recipe? You may like these posts too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!