This recipe was created as a paid partnership with Shamrock Farms.
We’re huge fans of letting our children help us in the kitchen. There’s something amazing about a meal they helped put together and can feel proud of! This kid-friendly easy bruschetta recipe is a meal we love preparing together and love eating together!
This recipe comes together in minutes and works great as an appetizer, snack, or even dinner! It’s flexible with toppings and the options are endless!
Here’s how our family enjoys this kid-friendly recipe.
- - 1 baguette, cut into 24 thin slices
- - 1.5 cups of Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese
- - 2 Roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- - 1 spring of fresh basil leaves
- Optional Toppings
- - Prosciutto
- - Balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to Broil. If you have broil options, choose low. If you don't have a broil setting, 500 degrees works well.
- Slice baguette into 1/2" thick slices. You should have about 24 thin slices to toast.
- Place slices on a baking sheet. No need to add oil or non-stick spray.
- Toast baguettes for 2-3 minutes. I'd start lower and add more time if needed. Your goal is to toast the bread slices so they are warm and crispy while keeping the center of the bread somewhat soft. Two minutes is almost always the perfect time, but keep an eye out! Once the edges are looking a golden brown toasted color, you're all set!
- Top toasted slices with cottage cheese. We love Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese! There are a freshness and quality you can taste in each Shamrock Farm's product. The cottage cheese is delicious and sets the perfect base for a kid-friendly bruschetta.
- Top! A slice of tomato and a leaf of fresh basil are delicious starting points. We also love adding a balsamic glaze or using prosciutto for a little more protein and a lot more flavor.
- Serve! These come together in minutes, and they are best fresh! The simple flavors combined with
You can change toppings to whatever your kids may eat.Even plain Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese will do! Feel free to get creative and mix up your easy bruschetta to try new flavors as well create standby options your whole family loves!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Visit ShamrockFarms.net/coupons to save $1 on any two Shamrock products. You can also find other great recipe ideas and more information on where to buy.
Also, be sure to check your local grocery store for Shamrock Farms cottage cheese which has a bold new look, but the same delicious and hand-crafted taste that you love.
Like this kid-friendly easy bruschetta recipe? You may like these posts too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!