Weekly Date Night
I’ve had several friends set the goal to go on 50 dates with their husband this year, and I couldn’t be more pleased to see this hashtag trending! There’s nothing like a weekly date night!
I think like all goals many start out strong and then lose a little steam and creativity as the year progresses. I want to help anyone setting this goal or looking to get a few more dates in their life by outlining 52 date ideas to do this year- one for each week broken down by month. We’re making weekly date night more doable!
I tried to make sure there’s at least one free one each month and most have at least one you can do at home if the babysitting conundrum plagues you like it can us.
HAPPY WEEKLY DATE NIGHT FRIENDS!
52 Dates to Do This Year
January Date Ideas
- First Friday- go to the Science Museum for free
- Go for a hike while it’s still nice out (or snowshoeing if you’re somewhere cold)
- Hit up a basketball game- NBA/College/High School
- Go Ice-skating together
February Date Ideas
- Make fondue at home, have a romantic picnic together
- Take a create-your-own famous painting class at a BYOB studio
- Read The 5 Love Languages and discuss what you can do better to help each other feel loved
- Get culinary! Take a cooking class for two or find YouTube tutorials and make a fancy meal together at home
March Date Ideas
- Hit up the local lake and rent paddle boats
- Ride bikes to a nearby dessert shop and go get a treat. If you want to get really fancy rent or borrow a tandem bike for a few hours.
- Host a group date with a few of your favorite couples and play board games while enjoying a potluck dinner
- Find a scenic location and grab some takeout to watch the sunset
April Date Ideas
- Movies in the Park- Enjoy the spring air and free movies with a lawn chair and a picnic
- Get tickets to a play- Broadway tours at this time, high school plays are happening, or look up your local theater listing
- Register for a 5k or fun run together and go run or walk it
- Go test drive some fancy cars you have no intention of buying
Have a bonfire with s’mores
May Date Ideas
- Hit up a local farm for a pick-your-own fruit afternoon
- It’s blockbuster season, so it’s okay to throw in dinner and a movie
- Go stargazing- download Google Sky and learn about the constellations
- Go miniature golfing, make sure you bet a chore the loser has to do to keep things interesting
June Date Ideas
- Visit a local improv or comedy club
- Plan a vacation together, even if you don’t have the money- look at travel books and websites and come up with an itinerary together
- Find a type of cuisine you’ve never had before (Ethiopian anyone?) and go try it
- Rent or borrow a wii if you don’t own one and play some interactive games together
July Date Ideas
- Create a couple’s bucket list together- set some goals to make a few items on your list a reality
- Visit a local aquarium
- Grab another couple and go to the mall for a scavenger hunt finding items that start with each letter of the alphabet, be sure to take a picture with each item and the first couple finished gets dessert courtesy of the other couple.
- Get a copy of “Do You Know Your Husband” and “Do You Know Your Wife” and enjoy each other’s responses
- Watch a bunch of funny YouTube videos at home- there’s a few channels already created with funny, clean clips at FridayWereInLove.com
August Date Ideas
- Hit up First Friday- Go to the Art Museum or do an Art Walk for free
- Happy concert season! Find a band you’d both like to see and splurge on tickets.
- Watch a few of the top rated TED Talks at home and have an intellectual discussion about your thoughts on each
- Enjoy the end of summer with a trip to the pool for two
September Date Ideas
- Visit a planetarium night- the first Friday is often free
- Go rock climbing at a local rock gym
- Download a geocaching app and go geocaching
- Embrace football season and head to a game- NHL/College/HS
- Set up a tent in the backyard and order takeout to enjoy in it
October Date Ideas
- Hit up Food Truck Friday and enjoy some street food
- Visit a corn maze
- Carve pumpkins together
- Watch a vintage horror movie (like Hitchcock) on a laptop in a creepy location
- Buy a sushi kit and learn to roll sushi together at home
- Get a jump on holiday shopping and enjoy a nice dinner and a trip to the mall together
- Look up some massage techniques, grab some lotion and give each other massages at home
- Sign up for a service project together, check with local food banks, Feed My Starving Children, homeless shelters, and women’s shelters to help get them organized for the holiday season
- Build a gingerbread house
- Do some holiday baking and make treats for friends and family
- Attend a holiday concert together
- Look up the best lights in your area (most news websites list them) and go see the lights
- Make a list of goals you want to achieve in the new year, and be sure to eat something terrible for you before it’s too late
If you’re loving the date nights in, here’s our favorite date night subscription service to get an awesome date delivered each month. If you need more at-home dates, I highly recommend adding a Date Night In Box.
Like this date ideas list? You may love these posts too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!