Looking for free date night ideas that you won’t have to spend a penny doing? Here are 52 completely free date ideas that you’ll both love!
Sometimes you just need proof that love don’t cost a thing. And there’s nothing wrong with realizing you don’t have the budget to go out. These totally free date ideas are sure to please, and won’t cost you a penny!
52 Completely Free Date Ideas to Do this Year
- First Friday Museum Night (Science, Art, etc. museums usually have an open-late free night once a month)
- Stargazing- Download Google Earth, grab an air mattress, and head 20 minutes outside of town for a romantic night
- Create a couple’s bucket list
- Head to the travel section of a bookstore and do some research for a dream trip. Plan out where you’ll go and what you’ll do while you’re there.
- Build a romantic fort in your living room and watch a movie
- Go for a hike
- Movies in the Park (free at the Biltmore in spring and fall)
- Planetarium night, often free once a month and many community colleges put these on for free as well
- First Friday Art Walk. A downtown classic showcasing local artwork and vendors.
Free Date Night Ideas
- Read The 5 Love Languages and discuss what you can better do to help each other feel loved. If you don’t own it check it out from the library, borrow it from a friend, or you can borrow one of my two copies!
- Go test drive fancy new cars you have no intention of buying.
- Head to IKEA and reenact the 500 Days of Summer date, coming up with a hypothetical situation for each room in the showroom. Or, if you’re less adventurous, just walk through the maze that is IKEA and try to find your way out.
- Listen to a few TEDx talks at home, and discuss intellectually or not so intellectually after
- Attend a local TEDx conference
- Pack dinner up into a picnic and head to a scenic location to watch the sunset
- Check out a Culture Pass at the library which gets you 2 free admissions to one of 17 museums in the Phoenix metro
- Watch a bunch of funny YouTube videos at home- I have several channels already created with funny, clean clips here on FridayWereInLove.com
- Hit up a piano bar and sing along (be sure to check for a free night)
- Look up massage techniques and give each other massages at home
- Find a free concert night (Tempe Marketplace or Downtown Mesa do several)
Fun Free Date Ideas
- Try geocaching- download an app and get set for adventure
- Find a volunteer opportunity and go do some good together!
- Have a movie marathon at home
- Hit up a bunch of open houses and explore several homes together
- Take a long walk on the beach, or lake, or whatever scenery in your town moves you
- Play board games together or with a group
- Google “Walmart Bingo” and choose a board to print, head over to play the most entertaining game of bingo of your life!
- Attend an open mic night at a local coffee shop
- During the holidays go see Christmas lights
- During the holidays go watch fireworks
Date Ideas That Don’t Cost Money
- Find a horror movie to play on a laptop in a creepy outdoor location
- Find a neighborhood you’ve never been to and explore it together
- Attend a high school sporting event
- Go to https://www.geoguessr.com/ and take turns guessing where Google has pin-dropped you by looking at street views in Google Earth. It keeps track of points based on how close you are in miles to the actual location!
- Explore a farmer’s market
- Go for a bike ride
- Visit the murals in your city and snap some Instagram-able pictures there
- Attend a trivia night together
- Play a pick of game of basketball at a local park
- Do a puzzle together
Free Dates Ideas
- Hit up a thrift store and pick out the perfect outfits for each other to try on from the last four decades, be sure to have a photo shoot.
- Eat as many samples as possible at Costco
- Go sledding
- Play Wii together, borrow one if you don’t own one
- Play strip chess
- Make a time capsule out of random items in your home that reflect this year
- Create Dubsmash movies together
- Make out in as many different locations as possible in two hours.
- People watch at a crowded location.
- Hit up a karaoke night
- Attend a Home Depot workshop together
- Head to a bookstore and find and share a few of your favorite books from all decades of your life
Like this list of free date ideas? You may like these date night lists too:
Beyond Dinner and a Movie
Grab Our 5 Ways to Keep Your Love Alive and Make Date Night Fun. The BEST date ideas in your inbox weekly.