Looking for free date night ideas that you’ll actually love doing? Here are 52 completely free date ideas that cost you a penny!
Sometimes you just need proof that love don’t cost a thing. And there’s nothing wrong with realizing you don’t have the budget to go out. That definitely shouldn’t stop you! Free date ideas are everywhere, and there’s plenty of good ones no matter where you live. We’re here to help with your next fun free date!
Good free date ideas can be hard to come by, but I promise we’ve compiled lots of awesome date nights you’ll both love! These totally free date ideas are sure to please, and won’t cost you a penny!
52 Completely Free Date Ideas to Do this Year
- First Friday Museum Night (Science, Art, etc. museums usually have an open-late free night once a month)
- Stargazing- Download Google Earth, grab an air mattress, and head 20 minutes outside of town for a romantic night
- Create a couple’s bucket list
- Head to the travel section of a bookstore and do some research for a dream trip. Plan out where you’ll go and what you’ll do while you’re there.
- Build a romantic fort in your living room and watch a movie
- Go for a hike
- Movies in the Park (free at the Biltmore in spring and fall)
- Planetarium night, often free once a month and many community colleges put these on for free as well
- First Friday Art Walk. A downtown classic showcasing local artwork and vendors.
Free Date Night Ideas
- Read The 5 Love Languages and discuss what you can better do to help each other feel loved. If you don’t own it check it out from the library, borrow it from a friend, or you can borrow one of my two copies!
- Go test drive fancy new cars you have no intention of buying.
- Head to IKEA and reenact the 500 Days of Summer date, coming up with a hypothetical situation for each room in the showroom. Or, if you’re less adventurous, just walk through the maze that is IKEA and try to find your way out.
- Listen to a few TEDx talks at home, and discuss intellectually or not so intellectually after
- Attend a local TEDx conference
- Pack dinner up into a picnic and head to a scenic location to watch the sunset
- Check out a Culture Pass at the library which gets you 2 free admissions to one of 17 museums in the Phoenix metro
- Watch a bunch of funny YouTube videos at home- I have several channels already created with funny, clean clips here on FridayWereInLove.com
- Hit up a piano bar and sing along (be sure to check for a free night)
- Look up massage techniques and give each other massages at home
- Find a free concert night (Tempe Marketplace or Downtown Mesa do several)
Fun Free Date Ideas
- Try geocaching- download an app and get set for adventure
- Find a volunteer opportunity and go do some good together!
- Have a movie marathon at home
- Hit up a bunch of open houses and explore several homes together
- Take a long walk on the beach, or lake, or whatever scenery in your town moves you
- Play board games together or with a group
- Google “Walmart Bingo” and choose a board to print, head over to play the most entertaining game of bingo of your life!
- Attend an open mic night at a local coffee shop
- During the holidays go see Christmas lights
- During the holidays go watch fireworks
Date Ideas That Don’t Cost Money
- Find a horror movie to play on a laptop in a creepy outdoor location
- Find a neighborhood you’ve never been to and explore it together
- Attend a high school sporting event
- Go to https://www.geoguessr.com/ and take turns guessing where Google has pin-dropped you by looking at street views in Google Earth. It keeps track of points based on how close you are in miles to the actual location!
- Explore a farmer’s market
- Go for a bike ride
- Visit the murals in your city and snap some Instagram-able pictures there
- Attend a trivia night together
- Play a pick of game of basketball at a local park
- Do a puzzle together
Free Dates Ideas
- Hit up a thrift store and pick out the perfect outfits for each other to try on from the last four decades, be sure to have a photo shoot.
- Eat as many samples as possible at Costco
- Go sledding
- Play Wii together, borrow one if you don’t own one
- Play strip chess
- Make a time capsule out of random items in your home that reflect this year
- Create Dubsmash movies together
- Make out in as many different locations as possible in two hours.
- People watch at a crowded location.
- Hit up a karaoke night
- Attend a Home Depot workshop together
- Head to a bookstore and find and share a few of your favorite books from all decades of your life
We’d love to hear, have you been a completely free date night that you just adored? Is there anything missing from our list? Let us know in the comments if you have a fun free date idea you highly recommend. Everyone can always use more cash, more fun, more love, and more date nights in their life!
Like this list of free date ideas? You may like these date night lists too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!