This honey sesame chicken Crock Pot recipe is such a winner! It’s sweet, savory, the right amount of spicy, and it comes together in minutes. Plus it’s a chicken Crock Pot freezer meal that tastes amazing on round two!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure and terms for more info.*
Honey Sesame Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
I’m all about the dinners everyone loves that come together in no time. I’m also all about Crock Pot meals that I can prep in the morning and not have to worry about dinner when the witching hour hits. Let me add one more: I’m pretty obsessed when these meals can be cooked for dinner and doubled into a Crock Pot freezer meal that I can just grab and cook another time and still look like a dinner hero.
I’ve tried a few versions of slow cooker honey sesame chicken, and have finally tweaked them all enough that I’m pretty happy with our recipe and ready to share. This honey sesame chicken Crock Pot Recipe has enough sweet, enough savory, and just a hint of a kick that will leave you loving this simple Crock Pot chicken freezer meal!
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or amino acids if you're going gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBSP sriracha
- A small onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Here's where things get really easy- dicing an onion is your hardest step! First, go ahead and finely dice it and add it to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and sriracha. Mix together.
- Add chicken, and coat with sauce.
- Cook on low for four hours. You can also do high for only two hours, but I like it on low a little slower.
- Once it's cooked, remove the chicken and shred on a separate plate. Set aside.
- Turn up the slow cooker to high (or saute or quick rice if you have those options- you want it as warm as it will go). Mix together 1 heaping TBSP of cornstarch with 1/3 cup of water. Add to the sauce and let it get thick and bubbly while it cooks for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the shredded chicken to the sauce. Stir until it's all coated in honey goodness.
- Serve over rice. Finally, you'll top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 1441mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 49g
Chicken Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
If you want to do this as a One Meal Now, one Meal Later freezer meal, you’ll want to double the recipe. Add everything to your freezer bag except the cornstarch and water. Be sure to write instructions on the bag. Cook the same (even if partially frozen) when you’re ready to enjoy it!
Like this slow cooker recipe? You may like these too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!