Something happens to me around the change of each season and I feel the need to get organized and prepared, and one of my favorite ways to do this is to get family meal prep in order, and that means Crock Pot freezer meals! If you’ve been around these parts for a while you know I have a One Meal Now, One Meal Later series where I share my biggest meal hack- making a dinner I know rocks and doubling it to make another freezer meal for later. I am particularly all about the slow cooker recipes that work as slow cooker freezer meals because there’s nothing like having a meal all prepped that I can dump into the Crock Pot with little to no prep.
I’m always on the hunt for these Crock Pot dump recipes, and recipes I know I can convert to work well as a slow cooker dump recipe. I’m pretty picky about them, I like them to be at least mostly from scratch, mostly healthy, not taste like a mushy mess after slow cooking all day, and of course taste delicious and just as good on meal #2 as they did in the first round. I’ve shared so many of these already, and I have so many more to share, but I thought it was time I share a complete roundup list for anyone prepping for the upcoming season change.
I like to make a party with friends or my sisters where we assemble meals together one morning or have a trading party where we each assemble the same meal for several families and then trade and go home with a freezer full of variety. When I do either of these I’m hunting for those lists of recipes and making a list of slow cooker recipes I know I can trust, and I’m here to share my latest list with you!
So here you go friends, here are 15 Crock Pot Freezer Meals That Don’t Taste Like Freezer:
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings. I just shared this one recently, it took a few tweaks but I’m happy to say we’re very pleased with this creamy comfort food that’s full of veggies, and no cream-of soups. It’s delicious, it’s easy, and it freezes incredibly well!
- Beefy Taco Pasta. It kind of blew my mind to realize beef and taco seasoning could make an appearance in other foods aside from tacos, and this dish is a family favorite that’s super easy to make, and the flavors stay true even as a slow cooker dump meal!
- Crock Pot Butter Chicken. It’s hard to go wrong with a curry, the flavors stay true after being frozen, and this one is full of flavor but not too spicy that adults and kids alike love it! I love to pick up fresh naan from a bakery or store and pair it with this Butter Chicken slow cooker recipe that feels like takeout at home!
- Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff. Another easy family favorite that comes together quickly the first time, but tastes fantastic after a month or two in the freezer.
- Aloha Hawaiian Chicken. This easy and flavorful Crock Pot Chicken recipes is perfect over rice and if you’re feeling up to it you can saute some veggies the day of for the perfect Hawaiian bowl. But trust me, it’s delicious if you’re just ready to freeze, dump in the slow cooker or Instant Pot, and enjoy dinner as is.
- Slow Cooker Chili. Nothing says fall like delicious chili, but we love this one year-round in our house! It takes a little time to prep so I love making sure I double or triple and get to enjoy it several times. It’s also placed in chili-cookoffs and no one has an idea it’s from the freezer!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup. Oh how the kids gobble this up, and how lovely it is to have on hand when someone is feeling under the weather! It’s a delicious version of the classic and a much healthier one than what you’ll find in a can!
- Creamy (Cream Cheese!) Loaded Potato Soup. This may be my favorite recipe of all time, and that’s coming from someone who isn’t always the biggest soup fan. It’s so easy, it’s so delicious, and this in a bread bowl is a hearty meal that will have you licking the sides of your Crock Pot. I’d just recommend waiting until the Crock Pot has cooled enough to lick! Waiting will be hard, but you can do this! I actually usually freeze a few of these because it’s that good!
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers. I may have to retract my above statement, this may be my favorite! It’s low-carb, it’s easy, it’s delicious, and you add a fresh bell pepper with the frozen stuffing before cooking which makes it taste very day-of and no one will know you pulled the filling from the freezer and cheated time like the wise person you are.
- Healthy Crock Pot Enchilada Soup. Chalk this up for another low-carb, healthy, delicious slow cooker recipe the whole family will love! Just remember the tortilla chips and sour cream to make it a little less healthy and a lot more kid-friendly.
- Crock Pot Mmozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. Once you have these regular meatballs just won’t be the same! Throw these in the slow cooker in the morning and enjoy only having to boil pasta for an easy, delicious fancy version of spaghetti and meatballs.
- Cafe Rio Style Sweet Pork Barbacoa. This meat is life-changingly good, seriously if you aren’t lucky enough to live near a Cafe Rio I hope that changes for you soon! It’s so delicious, and it goes great with a taco, burrito, salad, or quesadilla. We like to dump the ingredients over the roast in the morning and add it to fresh tortillas with diced tomato and sour cream and enjoy a really easy, really amazing burrito!
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Rice, and Bean Bowl. If you’re a fan of Chipotle this one is for you! This easy recipe combines a Tex-Mex style bowl in one easy dump recipe that you can top with a few fresh ingredients and enjoy in no time at home.
- Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Stew. Oh the classic soup everyone seems to know and love! This one is hearty, filling, and flavorful.
- Crock Pot Orange Chicken. This is a bit of a change-up from the take-out Orange Chicken you may be used to, but it’s still super good and a much healthier version! Think tangy orange with chicken and oranges and veggies over rice. It’s a meal you can feel good about and the citrus preserves the flavor perfectly!
Beyond Dinner and a Movie
Grab Our 5 Ways to Keep Your Love Alive and Make Date Night Fun