Delicious Halloween Puppy Chow (also known as Halloween Muddy Buddies) is so easy and makes the perfect treat for Halloween parties and movie nights!
Our Favorite Halloween Treat
If you’ve never had Puppy Chow, it’s time to remedy that! This is one treat everyone loves and doesn’t last long in households or at parties! When you turn it into Halloween Puppy Chow (also known as Halloween Muddy Buddies) it’s even more fun! I mean spooky puppy chow, yes, please!
This chocolate peanut-butter treat with a crunch is so easy to make, and we love making it with our kids! It’s our favorite thing to add to a Halloween movie night either as a family or for a Halloween movie date night. Also, it’s perfect for parties or Boo Baskets too!
- - 9 cups Chex cereal (Rice Chex works best!)
- - 1/4 cup butter
- - 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- - 1/2 cup peanut butter
- - 1 tsp vanilla
- - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- - 1 1/2 cups Reeses Pieces
- - 1 1/2 cups candy corn
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, and stir mixture.
- Add peanut butter and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. The mixture should be smooth. If it's not, do another 30 seconds.
- Add vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Add Chex cereal to the bowl and coat as evenly as you can with the chocolate mixture.
- Divide into two galloon freezer bags. Distribute the divided powdered sugar, close, and shake to evenly coat each piece of cereal.
- Pour onto waxed paper and let it cool. You can put it in the fridge if you need it to cool quickly.
- Add Reeses Pieces and candy corn and serve! You can store any extra in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 3gSugar: 59gProtein: 7g
Halloween Muddy Buddies Variations
You can easily mix things up with different Halloween treat add-ons. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Halloween M&Ms
- Halloween Pretzels
- Pumpkins instead of or in addition to candy corn
- Crushed Oreos or Trader Joe’s Jo-Jo’s
- Crushed Butterfinger bars
- Peanut Butter Chips
Keep in Mind
Even though this is called puppy chow (or sometimes monkey munch), it’s not for animals. This is a human snack only so please don’t share with pets or animals!