Christmas Puppy Chow: Christmas Muddy Buddies Recipe
Ready for an easy Christmas treat everyone loves? Christmas Puppy Chow (also called Reindeer Chow or Muddy Buddies) is it! You’ll love this easy Christmas Muddy Buddies recipe you can make in minutes!
Christmas Muddy Buddies
I love Muddy Buddies (also known as Puppy Chow) in a big way! In fact, it may be my most irresistible treat! It is great year-round, and always a crowd favorite! But when you add a bit of Christmas fun to the mix, you end up with a festive treat everyone loves!
Christmas Muddy Buddies just take a few festive additions, and you’re set for a great movie night treat, neighbor gift, or party snack!
Christmas Muddy Buddies Recipe
Delicious Christmas Puppy Chow (also known as Christmas Muddy Buddies or Reindeer Chow) is so easy and makes the perfect treat for Christmas parties, neighbor gifts, and movie nights!
- - 9 cups Chex cereal (Rice Chex works best!)
- - 1/4 cup butter
- - 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- - 1/2 cup peanut butter
- - 1 tsp vanilla
- - 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (divided)
- - 1 1/2 cups Christmas m&ms
- - 1 1/2 cups marshmallows
- - (optional) 1 cup chocolate candy pieces
- Place butter and chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, and stir mixture.
- Add peanut butter and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. The mixture should be smooth. If it's not, do another 30 seconds.
- Add vanilla to the chocolate mixture. Add Chex cereal to the bowl and coat as evenly as you can with the chocolate mixture.
- Divide into two galloon freezer bags. Distribute the divided powdered sugar, close, and shake to evenly coat each piece of cereal.
- Pour onto waxed paper and let it cool. You can put it in the fridge if you need it to cool quickly.
- Add m&ms, marshmallows, and Christmas-shaped chocolate candy pieces and serve your Christmas puppy chow! You can store any extra in an air-tight container for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 83gFiber: 3gSugar: 59gProtein: 7g
Fun Christmas Puppy Chow topping alternatives:
- Add crushed candy canes for a minty flavor
- Replace the m&ms with festive Reese’s Pieces
- Chop up York peppermint patties
- Try peppermint marshmallows
- Red hots
- Holiday shaped candy sprinkles
- Drizzle melted white chocolate on top
These possibilities are endless! Just be sure to make it feel festive with your additions.
We’ll be making this or our next Christmas date night at home!
Like this Reindeer chow/Christmas Muddy Buddies recipe? Be sure to check out these posts too:
I Spy Christmas Free Printable
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!