We decided we might as well pass along our list of ideas for others to enjoy this fun holiday season!
50 Christmas Date Ideas to Do This Holiday Season
50 Holiday Date Ideas:
- 1. Drive around neighborhoods and look at lights (we love Christmas on Comstock!)
- 2. Make a hot chocolate bar, have a hot chocolate sampling date. This sampler set is super affordable and would be perfect for a fun hot chocolate date night!
- 3. Have a play in the snow date. Go sledding. Make a snowman/snow angels
- 4. Try a Christmas Date Night box. These are delivered right to your door with your date night ready to go! Many do a holiday-themed date box available in December. And if they don’t, they’re still a magical thing for a date night in with Christmas music and hot chocolate.
We love the Happily Date Box, and can get you 50% off your first month to try it out with promo code: FRIDAYWEREINLOVE
- 5. Go Caroling, preferably to a hospital or nursing home (you could do this digitally too!)
- 6. Play Christmas music together
- 7. See the temple lights or church light setups (for our AZ kids here’s the link)
- 8. Get hot chocolate at your favorite coffee shop and hit up the mall, temple, or community centers that have free performances the nights leading up to Christmas. This is a great time to watch one digitally!
- 9. Attend a Christmas concert at a local venue. Small town or small budget? Attend the local high school’s Christmas concerts. If there isn’t one this year, look up a past performance and support them digitally.
- 11. Go see The Forgotten Carols. They have a movie version releasing this year.
- 12. Go see The Christmas Carol many small theaters are offering limited seating this year.
- 13. Be a ballet fan and go see The Nutcracker, or watch a live broadcast or YouTube replay.
- 14. Go see any other Christmas play/concert. So many do on-demand options right now!
- 15. Zoolights. Our zoo is doing a drive-through car option to mix things up this year!
- 16. Desert Botanical Garden Lights (or any other local attraction where you may live that makes for romantic Christmas date ideas)
at home holiday dates
- 17. Make Christmas cookies. How fun would this ugly sweater sugar cookie kit be for a date night? Or up your game with some festive sprinkles sure to make any cookie look good!
- 18. Build graham cracker gingerbread houses together
- 19. Watch Christmas movies
- 20. Wrap presents together
- 21. Go Christmas shopping together
- 22. Decorate your home or apartment.
- 23. Hang lights around the house
- 24. Drink eggnog/hot chocolate/tea by a fire
- 25. Share your favorite versions of Christmas songs with each other
- 26. Take holiday photos. You can use a self-timer and direct your own photoshoot easily!
- 27. Go get your picture taken with Santa at the mall
- 28. Attend your holiday work party together. If you don’t have one, create your own digital party with your favorite coworkers.
- 29. Write a Christmas card newsletter together
- 30. Go get a tree together (real or fake)
- 31. Have an Ice Skating Date Night
- 32. Volunteer- organize toys, gifts, or food for local non-profits
- 33. Go to a religious service- bonus points if it isn’t your religion and you get to learn something. Also, so many offer these online, check with your local churches.
- 34. Make Christmas shopping easy for others, go around town and take pictures of some items on your wish list to send to others. Or make a wishlist together with easy links to send!
Romantic Christmas Date Night ideas
- 35. Make stockings together
- 36. Hit up a bookstore, read your favorite childhood holiday books, A Christmas Carol, etc.
- 37. Take a sleigh-ride
- 38. Find one of your family’s favorite holiday recipes, make it together. You could take it up a notch with our blind baking date night, it’s perfect for baking Christmas date ideas!
- 39. Have a Christmas cookie exchange with other couples/friends. You can drop these off and do them remotely.
- 40. Make a homemade Christmas gift together
- 41. Rent a cabin for the weekend- preferably somewhere with snow
- 42. Ugly sweater party. These are also fun digitally since a screen will share your ugly sweater of choice. It’s a great way to work in group Christmas date ideas.
- 43. Attend church-sponsored parties/activities together.
- 44. Choose a child’s name from a wish list and go shopping to find a toy to make the season for a child (Toys for Tots is a great source)
- 45. Discuss your family’s Christmas/holiday breakfast tradition. Make that dish together for a breakfast date. Or try our breakfast cookie recipe people are raving about!
- 46. Cut out snowflakes together. Go donate the decorations to a shelter, nursing home, or school in need.
- 47. Find local holiday festivals, attend one together (Festival Lights, Festival of Trees, drive-through light shows etc.)
- 48. Take a holiday cooking class together (there are typically several cookie classes offered, even remote options!)
- 49. Have a snowball fight
- 50. Take holiday treats to your neighbors, meet them, or get to know them a little better (this year you can do it from a distance)
Please feel free to add any other ideas in the comments! Additionally, we’d also love to hear from you about your dating experience and pictures of what you did to get out there and date during the most wonderful time of the year!
Like this Christmas Date Ideas post? You may like these posts too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!