Enjoy some screen-free festive fun with these Christmas finger painting ideas! Grab the FREE Christmas tree finger painting download for a free Christmas craft for kids!
We love easy low-key arts and crafts projects for kids. They give my kids a chance to enjoy some screen-free creativity and enjoy artistic expression! I love them because it’s easy and fun! And, admittedly, they force me to keep a close eye on my kids around paint and give them a lot of attention, and my kids soak it up!
Washable paints and placing a paper bag under the project help me feel comfortable letting even toddlers paint. It’s particularly fun to feel festive and do holiday-themed projects. And all it takes is the right project or template to help facilitate this very activity!
Enter the Christmas tree finger painting download and a bunch of Christmas finger painting ideas to really enjoy it!
- - Christmas Tree Finger Painting printable
- - A few colors of washable paint or acrylic paints
- - (Optional) Green cardstock
- - Printer to print download (you can also send it to Staples or Office Max if you don't have a printer)
- Download the free Christmas tree finger painting printable.
- Print the Christmas tree finger painting print on either white or green cardstock to create a tree base
- Place a few blots of paint on a washable plate to create a paint pallet.
- Decorate the Christmas trees using fingers! Make fingerprints to fill up the tree outline with ornaments or to look like fluffy tree branches.
- Let dry and enjoy your easy Christmas tree finger painting project!
I love to reuse a paper bag and put it on my table to help prevent any paint messes.
Christmas Finger Painting Ideas:
Here are several ideas to enjoy the Christmas Tree finger painting download and make it more fun!
- Fit a fingerprint bulb on each small line on the squiggle.
- Come up with a unique color scheme and create it on the tree!
- Do a monochromatic tree mixing one color with black, white, or even yellow to make various shades. Enjoy a fun monochromatic tree!
- Fill in the areas between the lines entirely. Try to create your own branches or ornament fill so there isn’t any white space.
- Print multiple prints, and create a Christmas tree farm.
- Try different paint application techniques: stamp with fingerprints, draw lines with fingers, shade colors together, etc. Get creative!
- Use an element besides traditional paint. Shaving cream paint or frosting make great alternatives and mix up Christmas finger painting ideas in a big way!
There’s no wrong way to do it! Whatever helps you and your little people connect and enjoy some holiday fun is all the matter!
Grab your FREE Christmas tree finger paint download right here!
We hope it helps spark some creative joy and help you create some holiday fun this season!
Photos: Chrissy Blake
Like these Christmas Finger Painting Ideas? Be sure to check out these holiday activities too!
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!