Ready for a FREE Christmas activity for kids? Grab this Q-tip tree painting FREE Printable and create Christmas dot painting art projects that kids love doing!
We are just a week away from Christmas break, which means my kids will be home and bouncing off the walls with excitement! That’s equal parts fun and terrifying for me, my kids have a lot of energy.
I try to combat the Christmas hyper vibes with some fun structured activities both out of the house and at home. Fun Christmas crafts for kids or Christmas art projects keep kids entertained and help us keep things balanced and less stressful. Not to mention a free Christmas activity is always a welcome idea in our home!
We have fallen in love with q-tip art this year, and a Christmas dot painting felt in order! If you haven’t heard of these, essentially one fills in the dot painting by using a Q-tip. It’s like a kind friendly pointillism (that I know many teens and adults enjoy too)!
It’s really easy, it’s really cheap to gather supplies if you don’t already have them. But best of all, it’s a really FUN Christmas dot painting project that encourages creativity!
And we have you covered with two versions of a Q-tip tree painting template perfect for younger or older kids!
- - 5-10 Q-tips
- - Q-tip tree painting printable
- - A few colors of washable paint or acrylic paints
- - (Optional) Green cardstock
- - Printer to print download (you can also send it to Staples or Office Max if you don't have a printer)
- Download the free Q-tip tree painting printable.
- Print Q-tip tree painting prints on either white or green cardstock to create a tree base
- Place a few blots of paint on a washable plate to create a paint pallet.
- Place Q-tips next to paints to be used as the brush/paint applicators.
- Decorate the Christmas trees using individual dots from the Q-tip applicator. Have fun creating any type of tree and be creative with your Christmas dot painting!
- Let dry and enjoy your easy Q Tip Christmas tree project!
I love to reuse a paper bag and put it on my table to help prevent any paint messes.
Grab Your FREE Printable Here!
Both versions are attached in one file, and the download will go directly to your inbox once you confirm your email. Double-check your Downloads file too- some browsers auto-download and it may be there.
But most of all ENJOY!
Like this fun Christmas activity for kids? Help spread the love by sharing it!
Here are some other fun activities for kids we think you’ll like:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!