Guys have flowers and chocolates, but often the other party is left wondering what to get a guy for Valentine’s Day? Here’s a great list of what to get a guy for Valentine’s Day: A Valentine’s Day gift guide for husbands, boyfriends, and all the men in your life so you’re set with Valentine’s Day gifts for him!
No matter how long I’m married, no matter how well I know my husband, there’s just something about every holiday that makes me get a little nervous about gift giving for the men in my life. I don’t know why guys seem so much harder to shop for, but maybe it’s the high ticket items they love, the lack of beauty products used, or just that Valentine’s is kind of the holiday for the guy to buy flowers and the girl buy…question mark? Today I’m helping myself, and anyone else in this predicament with a list of what to get a guy for Valentine’s Day.
What to Get a Guy for Valentine’s Day
- Cologne. Is there anything better than you man wearing a scent you’re attracted to? I love when you get to pick the scent and be the hero gifting it too! You could turn shopping into a romantic date and just go with a gift card if you’re nervous. Or you can go all out and get something you know you love.
- A gift card to their favorite lunch spot. Every single time an In-N-Out gift card or Gadzooks gift card shows up as a present there’s a love in my husband’s eyes I just can’t duplicate any other way. He loves food. He loves the thoughtfulness of giving him a lunch he doesn’t have to pay for that he’ll adore. It’s always a hit.
- A future date. There’s something about giving fun that always makes people happy. Find something you know he’ll love and book it. Indoor skydiving, his favorite concert, reservations for his favorite type of dinner, these are all perfect gifts!
- Skincare products. Who says they don’t do beauty? Most men really love a recommendation from someone who uses products more than they do. My husband has loved getting a new aftershave, face lotion, beard cream etc. We’ve done cheaper products like Every Man Jack, and lately, we’ve both been a huge fan of this highly rated skincare line on Amazon. Apparently having Jack in the name is a good indicator of men’s skincare lines?
Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
- Deliver chocolate dipped strawberries through a delivery service. I’ve learned that women aren’t the only ones who love the sweet embarrassment of a gift showing up at their office. I’ve had balloons, a date night box (from Birdy Tell if you’re in Phoenix), and treats all delivered. Shari’s Berries does a fantastic job, they are delicious, and it’s a romantic gift he’ll love.
- A cashmere sweater. It’s still winter as much as many hate to admit it, and a nice sweater he’ll wear often is a great idea! Cashmere sweaters have been so much more affordable with Amazon, and Prime Shipping for the win too! I got Jacob this blue sweater in December and he’s worn it on repeat. We’re talking to the office on cold mornings, out on date night, to church, traveling. etc. It still looks brand new! He looks so good it’s been a great gift for me too!
- His favorite treat. If you’re on a budget, bake something. If you don’t cook or don’t have time, that candy bar or cupcake from a bakery can mean the world. Find what he loves and his favorite flavor and surprise with it and a sweet note. It’s always an easy and successful Valentine’s Day gift for him.
Husband Valentine’s Day Gifts
- A mixed tape. Okay, we’re actually talking about a digital in modern form. But, I’ve gifted a playlist of mushy songs every Valentine’s Day since we were us. I had no idea what to do only being an official couple a week, and a few mushy songs seemed appropriate. He loved it, it only cost me the price of songs and a burnt CD. These days it only costs a Spotify playlist (totally free) and a little time writing a note telling him why I chose each song. It’s always a hit.
- A neck massager. My small hands can only help so much, but this high rated back and neck massager is the gift that keeps on giving!
- A day off. This may not mean at work, but if you can hire out one of his chores he’ll surely appreciate it! Get a landscaper to save him yard work this spring. Hire that repairman to fix the project he can’t get to. Take something off his plate and give him more time.
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Husband or Boyfriend
- Lingerie. Sure you may think it’s for you, but we all know this is a gift he’ll truly love.
- What I Love About You. Sometimes words of affirmation need a push, and this cute little book helps you put your thoughts on paper so easily!
- A new coffee mug/water bottle for the office. Help him up his style, or just make him laugh with the perfect mug. If he’s no a coffee drinker a water bottle her can refill to stay healthy and think of you each time he does is always a good choice.
- A staycation hotel room. It can be for that night, or a night in the future. But if you want to go big, a hotel room for a night to just spend time together away from real life can be such a perfect and romantic gift option!
- An Amazon gift card. Hear me out here, this can be just what he wants. Guide him to help him choose new movie rentals or the next book he’s longing to read. Giving him some freedom to choose his next form of entertainment and leaving a thoughtful note often nails what to get a guy for Valentine’s Day.Anything you want to add? What would you recommend what to get a guy for Valentine’s Day? Any big hits you have in the past with Valentine’s Day gifts for him?
Like this Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Men? You may like these posts too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!