July Date IDeas: A date night every night in July
July is a month that just screams “Summer!” to just about everyone! It’s the one month the entire country seems to be out of schools. It’s also a time of year when most people get a day or two off work to enjoy a little more fun. I’d argue it’s the best month for summer date ideas.
If you didn’t know, I have a free printable with 365 Fun Date Ideas: A date for every day of the year! If you want the full year, be sure to sign up here!
But if you’re in the market for July date ideas only, I have your back in this post! Let’s make this July your best date night month yet!
July Date Ideas
- Hit up a food truck festival. They tend to gather more trucks, stay longer, and plan for bigger events when the weather is nice.
- Go rollerblading or learn to skateboard together. First of all, you may pick up a new hobby. But also, you could at least have a lot of laughs.
- Visit a festive parade together.
- Go watch the fireworks together.
- Host an outdoor potluck. Invite other couples to make their summer specialty and enjoy trying all the dishes and socializing together.
- Have a BBQ cook-off. Plan the menu and compete on the best item served.
- Go for a night hike- even if you live somewhere very warm night hikes with good lighting are always a very romantic option
- Visit a summer farmer’s market– buy in-season produce to cook a romantic meal together
- Visit a botanical garden festival- it’s rose season almost everywhere but other floral festivals are in bloom during the summer, and they make for a romantic scene and perfect selfie backdrop for some pictures together.
- Go camping. It can be in the backyard for a few hours or a legit trip, but it’s the perfect season to plan a trip together.
- Take a long walk on the beach. Whether it’s the actual beach or the beach of a lake, it still is a great totally free date perfect for a summer evening.
- Go-kart racing- this need-for-speed date is a fun adrenaline rush.
- Attend an outdoor play. It’s a completely different experience with outdoor theater most people love plays even more with this open atmosphere and actors working with nature to create scenes.
- Try SUP- stand up paddleboarding. It’s a twist on a classic that gives just enough adventure and uncertainty to make a truly memorable beat-the-heat date.
- Attend a local summer festival- this is different in every city, town, and state, but there’s always a harvest or pie eating or cultural celebration. Check your city’s calendar.
July Date Night Ideas
- Plan an epic water fight. When you’re ready to take your relationship to the next level and commit to more than water-balloons, large water guns and set rules and boundaries make for a more intense and fun date night.
- Give nostalgia a nod and play night games. Kick the can, capture the flag, hide-and-go-seek ruled a lot of children’s summers. Find a game to play for two or grab a group and enjoy reliving your childhood.
- Sand volleyball tournament- it’s the perfect double (or quadruple) date. Plus, you can play classic volleyball, beach ball volleyball, or get creative with beach towel/water balloon volleyball. All make for a fun, friendly competition for all athletic levels.
- Enjoy that perfect summer produce you love and make breakfast in bed to enjoy in bed together.
- Celebrate Christmas in July. Share your favorite family holiday recipe and make it together.
- Make a list of day trips to a neighboring city or town you can do together. Next, plan when you’re next quick adventure will be.
- Rent or borrow jet skis for a day on the lake.
- Rent or charter a boat for the day. Certainly, in a full day you could learn how to water ski, tube, and enjoy a day at the lake as a couple or for a fun group date.
- Hit up a piano bar (check for a free night) for sing-along songs
- Head to a home store and choose items you’d place in your dream home sharing your taste and favorites with your date
- Find your nearest rodeo and get your boots ready!
- Google “Walmart Bingo” and find a card to print off to go play the most entertaining game of Bingo of your life.
- Attend an open mic night at a coffee shop
- Visit a water park and enjoy a day or waterslides and wedgies or wave pools together.
- Find a “dive in movie” night at your local pool or water park.
- Visit the summer flea market and find some treasures together
Like these July Date Ideas? You may like these posts too:
Beyond Dinner and a Movie
Grab Our 5 Ways to Keep Your Love Alive and Make Date Night Fun. The BEST date ideas in your inbox weekly.