Ready to make Halloween extra cute and memorable this year? Try one of these mommy and me Halloween costume ideas!
I’ve always loved Halloween, and Halloween costume ideas are one of my favorite things to brainstorm every year! We started with couple’s costume ideas, and as we had our first child, I was so excited to incorporate family costume ideas!
I mean is there anything better than baby Halloween costumes? We have loved including our kids in fun mini costumes and watch their cuteness while trick-or-treating. It’s been about my favorite part of motherhood!
Adorable Costumes for Moms and Kids
My husband is a consultant and travels often. When our oldest child was only two, he ended up on a project that took him away from home for the entire month of October. Our family Halloween costume didn’t make as much sense with only the two of us, and our toddler son didn’t want to wear this costume to begin with. I realized I needed a mommy and me Halloween costume quickly to attend some Halloween parties and events that year.
I took my son to Target and let him choose anything he wanted off the rack. He grabbed the cutest plush monkey costume he called his “monkey suit.” From there, it was up to me to figure out how to work in a mom and son costume idea. I’m thrilled to report Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat received a lot of compliments that year. So much so, we kept “the monkey suit” and my younger son now wears and loves it.
It’s a darling thing to create a mommy and me Halloween costume. And truthfully, there are so many years you’ll be able to rock one! That’s why we want to help you find a great one that you’ll both love.
75+ Mommy and Me Halloween Costume Ideas
- Zookeeper and Any Animal
- Safari Guide and a lion/tiger
- Pumpkin and Scarecrow
- Jungle Cruise Guide and an Elephant
- Farmer and a farm animal. I’m a little biased, but I think the best baby Halloween costume idea is always to lean into a cute animal! Add a pair of overalls (which make a great addition to your closet) and a hat and you’re all set !
- Crazy Cat Lady and a Kitten
- Mary Poppins and a Penguin
- Mario and Luigi from Super Mario Brothers
- Chipotle employee and a Burrito. This is beyond easy to create a DIY costume with a blanket or swaddle fabric pieces, and some hot glue!
- Witch and a Black Cat
- Skeletons (use Skeleton Pajamas for an easy and comfy look!)
- Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein
- Circus Ring Leader and a Lion
- Cruella De Ville and a Dalmation Puppy from 101 Dalmations
- Snow White and a dwarf from Snow White
- Milk and Cookies. These are easy to make last-minute with a cardboard box and some construction paper!
- Baby Shark and Mommy Shark
- Shark and a Lifeguard
- Octopus mom with eight arms and a deep sea diver. Grab two empty soda bottles, spray paint them black, and turn them upside down to look like an oxygen tank. It’s a cute idea that doesn’t take a lot of effort!
- Monkey and Banana
- Bee and a Flower
- Bee and Honey
- Winnie the Pooh and Tigger
- Winnie the Pooh and Piglet
- Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh.
- Ghost Host and Ghost
- Mother of Dragons and a Dragon
- Dr. Ellie and a Dinosaur Jurassic Park Costumes from the Jurassic Park movie.
- Two matching Rosie Riveters. This is the perfect mama and girl duo costume. And your outfits are super easy to pull together!
- Veterinarian and a Puppy (or a Kitty)
- Nemo and Dori from Finding Nemo
- Big Bird and Elmo from Sesame Street
- Bert and Earnie from Sesame Street
- Astronaut and Alien
- Koala Bear and a Eucalyptus Tree
- Princess Leia and an Ewok from Star Wars
- Wilma and Scooby-Doo from Scooby Doo
- Storm Chaser and Tiny Tornado
- Rainbow and Storm Cloud
- Chef and a Lobster (this works great as a baby carrier costume!)
Book Character Costumes
- Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat
- Little Red Riding Hood and Big Bad Woolf
- Elephant and Piggie
- The Pigeon and the Bus
- Mouse and Giant Cookie from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- Where’s Waldo and Where’s Wanda
- Charlotte’s Web and a Spider
- Charlotte (spider) and Wilbur (pig)
- Little Bo Peep and Her Sheep
- Hedwig and Harry Potter
- Goldilocks and a Bear
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Fruit/Food from the Book
- Max and a Wild Thing
- Gandolf and a Tiny Hobbit
Mom and Son Costume Ideas
- Sandy and Danny from Grease
- Peter Pan and Wendy from Peter Pan
- Peter Pan and Tinkerbell from Peter Pan
- Woody and Jesse from Toy Story
- Woody and Buzz from Toy Story
- Mary Poppins and Michael from Mary Poppins
- Moana and Hei Hei from Moana
- Anna and Kristoff from Frozen
- Mouseketeers from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Russel and Kevin from Up
- Minnie and Mickey Mouse
- Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas
- Han Solo and Princess Leia for a great Star Wars Costume you can easily add additional family members onto!
- Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker
- Rey and Finn from The Force Awkens
- Batman and Robin from the Batman movies
Mother-Daughter Halloween Costumes
- Dorthy and the Glinda the Good Witch
- Elphaba and Glinda from Wicked
- Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother
- Alice and the Chesire Cat from Alice in Wonderland
- Snow White and the Evil Queen from Snow White
- Mary Poppins and Jane from Mary Poppins
- Rapunzel and Mother Gothel from Tangled
- Moana and Te Fiti from Moana
- Elsa and Anna for the cutest Frozen duo costume
- Rainbow Bright and a Sprite
- Sully and Boo from Monster’s Inc.
- The Queen of Hearts and Alice in Wonderland
I promise you’ll cherish these sweet pictures for the rest of your life! It’s usually really easy, and beyond darling to include a mommy and me costume in your Halloween plans!
Like these mommy and me costumes? You may like these posts too:
Get 365 Date Ideas!
We want to help you have the best date nights ever! Grab this FREE printable with 365 date ideas, a date for every day of the year so you never run out of ideas!